CANTON, Ohio, Jan. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) recently overhauled its "Timkeninfo.com" electronic catalog and search function to make it easier and faster for customers to find the right truck replacement parts and application information for their fleets. The revamped site offers additional content and service details often requested by users, including a new Distributor Locator and an upgraded Knowledge Center that differentiates Timken in the marketplace.
"We understand our customers' time is valuable," said Barry Harris, Timken's manager of global products and marketing for the automotive and heavy-duty aftermarket. "But when it comes to finding exactly the right parts, it's also a matter of money, inventory, performance and safety, above all. These imperatives continue to drive us in creating user-friendly features. We never forget what customers entrust to us when they choose Timken."
The new TimkenInfo.com website features:
- Faster cross-reference retrieval: New technology provides faster information delivery than ever before, while also referencing the Timken part number and its location on the vehicle.
- Easier application retrievals: The new application look-up tab now mirrors ACES industry standards by following the "year, make, model" sequence for more precise categorization.
- More specific part searches: Part searches allow for multiple returns with the (*) wildcard when used with a minimum of three characters. The new site displays the precise vehicle or vehicles for which the part was designed. Clicking on the part number will retrieve buyer's guide information, photos and specifications, when available.
- Heavy-duty-specific information: With the new site, information specific to heavy-duty applications is now available in a separate section distinct from the light-duty category and respective standards for axle types.
- New Knowledge Center: This new section provides resources to educate customers on how to install, maintain and replace Timken parts with links to Automotive and Heavy-Duty TechTips.
- New Distributor Locator. This new link allows customers to quickly locate local distributors who carry the specific Timken products they need.
To browse the new features, log on to www.timkeninfo.com.
A key element of The Timken Company's Mobile Industries segment, Timken's automotive aftermarket business is a premium, U.S.-based provider of a wide range of automotive wheel hubs, seals and bearings for the light- and heavy-duty replacement parts industry. The company has been serving the automotive market for more than 100 years, continually investing in research and development. The automotive aftermarket team focuses on providing its customers with automotive and heavy truck vehicle solutions that match or exceed OE fit, form and function. For more information, log on to www.timken.com/aftermarket, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866.984.6536.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR, http://www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services, enabling its customers' machinery to perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $3.1 billion in 2009, operations in 27 countries/territories and approximately 17,000 employees, Timken is Where You Turn® for better performance.
Media Contact: Lorrie Paul Crum, Manager – Global Media and Strategic Communications, Mail Code: GNW-37, 1835 Dueber Avenue, S.W., Canton, OH 44706 U.S.A., Telephone: (330) 471-3514, Mobile: (330) 224-5021, email@example.com
Investor Contact: Steve Tschiegg, Director – Capital Markets and Investor Relations, Mail Code: GNE-26, 1835 Dueber Avenue, S.W., Canton, OH 44706 U.S.A., Telephone: (330) 471-7446, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE The Timken Company