CANTON, Ohio, Nov. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Timken Corporation today announced price increases on mill shipments of seamless tubular steel products effective with shipments on January 1, 2005 until further notice. Raw material surcharges will remain in effect.
* Hot Rolled and Cold Drawn Carbon Tubing +8%
* Hot Rolled, Annealed Alloy +12%
* Hot Rolled, Double Thermal Treated Alloy +12%
* Exceptions to the above:
- All Carbon Tubing > 9" diameter and OD/Wall ratios < 6.5 +13%
- All Alloy Tubing > 9" diameter and OD/Wall ratios < 6.5 +18%
The Timken Corporation is a U.S. sales and marketing subsidiary of The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR, www.timken.com) is a leading global manufacturer of highly engineered bearings and alloy steels and a provider of related products and services with operations in 29 countries. The company recorded 2003 sales of $3.8 billion and employed approximately 26,000 at year-end.
Media Contact: Robert G. Bourquin, Senior Communications Representative, (330) 471-7106, http://www.timken.com/media
Investor Contact: Kevin R. Beck, Manager - Investor Relations,
SOURCE The Timken Company